Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A case of the mondays

I can't wake up on Mondays. I just can't. Something in my brain sends my body a message saying, "Attention, Attention. Can I have every organ, muscle and nerves attention, please? Thank you. Today is monday people. You know what that means. Muscles, avoid moving at all costs. Do not let Claire out of bed! "


I cannot for the life of me get my ass out of my bed on mondays.


No other day faces this issue. Something in me knows when the beginning of the week is starting and it has set out to destroy me. No, really, it wants to destroy me.


I can't count the number of times I've been late to class, meetings I've missed, or breakfast's I've slept through.

Is there any way to get over this?

-I've tried going to bed early Sunday nights- but that just means I end up sleeping more hours than I need to.

-I've even tried staying up all night on Sunday, however I always seem to pass out in awkward positions, or uncomfortable places.


I woke up one monday morning in my desk chair with my head slammed right up against the key's on my laptop. My arms were flailed behind my back and my hair managed to get tangled up in some sort of shape resembling a funky fruit hat.


When did I fall asleep? I thought I was wide awake! I must have drank eight coffees and they didn't do shit! Nothing! Ahhhh.


Alarms don't work either. There is no sound in nature or any musical chords that will wake my ass up. None. Unless someone, I guess, has a blow horn to my ear.


Maybe there are pills that can solve this problem. Just maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment